Bendigo 03 5434 6666
Castlemaine 03 5472 1588

Family Law

We know that a relationship breakdown can be emotionally stressful.

At Robertson Hyetts our solicitors are sensitive at this emotionally difficult time, providing you with sensible advice. We provide legal advice and guidance to protect your interests and achieve the best outcome for you.

Phone for an appointment with one of our Family Law experts: Bendigo 5434 6666, Castlemaine 5472 1588 or Melbourne by appointment.

Do the laws apply to me?

In recent times significant changes have been made to Family Law. Now the Commonwealth Family Law regime applies to all couples - married, unmarried, and same sex.

Property Settlements

What assets are property? There are many things that make up your business or personal life that may be considered assets for the purposes of family law. These include companies, trust entities, superannuation and employment entitlements to name a few. We simplify it for you.

More about Property Settlements.

Parenting Disputes

When it comes to your children you only want what’s best. Deciding what’s best with an estranged partner can be challenging. At Robertson Hyetts Solicitors we aim to get the best outcome for you and your children.

More about Parenting Disputes

Child Support

When parents separate, a Child Support Agreement is established to detail the amount of child support to be paid to help with the costs of raising the children. This can be done by agreement of the parents or by the Child Support Agency.

More about Child Support

Family Violence / Stalking Intervention Orders

Physical and psychological abuse is all too common in many family situations. Family Violence Intervention Orders are a way to deal with unwanted communications and contact.

More about Family Violence / Stalking Intervention Orders


Many parties now separate and only divorce for their own personal reasons or if they wish to re-marry. Property settlement can occur without divorce.

More about Divorce

Spousal Maintenance

Spousal Maintenance is financial support paid to a husband or wife (or former husband or wife) when they’re unable to support themselves. It is sometimes referred to as “alimony” in other jurisdictions. It is not Child Support, or Adult Child Maintenance.

More about Spousal Maintenance

Application for Consent Orders / Financial Agreements

Application for Consent Orders and Binding Financial Agreements are two types of agreements made between separating parties.  Lawyers will generally refuse to do Binding Financial Agreements where an Application for Consent Orders can achieve the same goal; however an Application for Consent Orders cannot make a pre-nuptial agreement.

More about Application for Consent Orders / Financial Agreements

Super Splitting Orders or Agreements

When a couple separates, they can choose to 'split up' their superannuation entitlements as part of the greater property settlement.

More about Super Splitting Orders or Agreements

Court Appearances

We can assist in Court appearances in the Magistrates Court and in the Family Law Jurisdiction in the Federal Circuit Court.

More about Court Appearances

Our Family Law Team

portrait-vesna-pocucaVesna Pocuca