Katherine provides employment law and human resources (HR) advice to both employers and employees as an Employment Lawyer in our Litigation and Dispute Resolution team. Katherine has held various Human Resources and Employee Relations roles with ANZ, Esanda and VicRoads before joining Robertson Hyetts in 2014. Katherine has worked in management roles within both medium and large businesses and knows her way around board rooms, team meetings and tricky conversations.
Among her many roles as an HR professional, Katherine has managed a payroll team, drafted enterprise agreements, supervised large scale business restructures and managed a team of HR advisers. She has broad practical business experience which provides her with a unique approach to HR and employment law. With hands on business experience Katherine can bring a practical and insightful approach to dealing with employment law issues and providing generalist HR advice.
Katherine understands what it takes to employ staff and how hard it can be sometimes. Employing staff can be both rewarding and challenging and Katherine sees her role as helping businesses to find a way forward, managing both risk and time in the process. With her expertise, she can help businesses to set up policies, processes and templates that ensure ongoing compliance with the law. She can provide businesses of any size with practical HR and employment law advice.
For employees who find themselves needing advice on a workplace issue, you will find a compassionate and caring advocate in Katherine. Whether there is an internal grievance, you need advice about a change being made to your employment arrangement or you feel that you have been unfairly dismissed, Katherine will provide you with considered advice and options to help you to resolve your issues or concerns.
Katherine also assists the Litigation team to resolve other disputes, where her problem solving skills and a pragmatic approach can help to resolve complex issues.
Principal areas of practice
- Advice and support to managers and businesses to resolve complex staff issues
- Employment contract, Policy and Enterprise Agreement drafting
- Unfair dismissals and General Protections claims – for both employees and employers
- Restructures and Terminations
- Employment contract and Independent Contractor Agreement reviews
- General advice on employment law issues for employers and employees
- Disciplinary action, Performance counselling and warnings
- HR Advisory –general HR advice for businesses who are without internal HR support
- General litigation and dispute resolution
Katherine has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Commerce (Management and Human Resources)
- Graduate Diploma Legal Practice
Katherine is a busy mum of two primary school aged children and enjoys everything that living in Bendigo Central Victoria has to offer. In Katherine’s spare time, she enjoys the outdoors on their rural property with her family and can often be found helping out on canteen duty. Katherine also enjoys sharing her time and expertise as a valued committee member of the Bendigo Regional HR Network and is well known around the office for her caramel slice!