Kayla has grown up in the Bendigo region, having studied at La Trobe University and joined Robertson Hyetts in the areas of employment law, dispute resolution and property law.
Kayla provides employment law advice to both employers and employees as an Employment Lawyer in our Dispute Resolution team.
Employing staff can be both rewarding and challenging and Kayla sees her role as helping businesses to find a way forward, managing both risk and time in the process. With her expertise, she can help businesses to set up policies, processes and templates that ensure ongoing compliance with the law. She can provide businesses of any size with practical employment law advice.
For employees who find themselves needing advice on a workplace issue, you will find an advocate in Kayla. Whether there is an internal grievance, you need advice about a change being made to your employment arrangement or you feel that you have been unfairly dismissed, Kayla will provide you with considered advice and options to help you to resolve your issues or concerns.
Principal areas of practice
- Advice and support to managers and businesses to resolve complex staff issues
- Employment contract and Policy drafting
- Unfair dismissals and General Protections claims – for both employees and employers
- Restructures and Terminations
- Employment contract and Independent Contractor Agreement reviews
- General advice on employment law issues for employers and employees
- Disciplinary action, Performance counselling and warnings
- General litigation and dispute resolution
Her knowledge, care and conduct on conveyancing files, whether sales or purchases, is held in high regard by clients.
Her focus in dispute resolution matters is employing resources where they will make a difference to securing results. She is motivated to be of great assistance to clients by taking proactive steps and ensuring regular communication regarding the progress of matters.
Bachelor of Laws degree at La Trobe University
Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice with the College of Law
Contact Kayla for her advice on dispute matters.
Outside of work, Kayla enjoys spending time with her young family and running around the netball court.