In June 2020 the Fair Work Commission announced a 1.75% increase to minimum wages and Award rates of pay. Increases to Award rates and allowances are being introduced in three phases and depending on your Award, the increase applies on either 1 July 2020, 1 November 2020 or 1 February 2021.
From the first full pay period on or after 1 November 2020, minimum rates and allowances will increase in a large number of Awards. These include:
- Building and Construction General On-site Award
- Clerks—Private Sector Award
- Food, Beverage and Tobacco Manufacturing Award
- Legal Services Award
- Manufacturing and Associated Industries and Occupations Award
- Pastoral Award
- Professional Employees Award
- Real Estate Industry Award
- Road Transport and Distribution Award
The following link has a complete list of all Awards and the date on which Award rates will increase: https://www.fairwork.gov.au/about-us/news-and-media-releases/website-news/the-commission-has-announced-a-1-75-increase-to-minimum-wages#when-will-my-award-increase
If you are unsure of how to calculate your employee’s rates of pay or allowances, or want explore moving staff onto a flat hourly rate inclusive of any penalties and allowances, please call us today on 03 5434 6666 (Bendigo) and 03 5472 1588 (Castlemaine).