At Robertson Hyetts, we’re all about making your property, leasing and land development transactions as easy as possible. With the arrival of the COVID-19 pandemic and the associated health recommendations our adoption of e-conveyancing from an early stage allows us to seamlessly complete your property transaction without the need for you to leave home. We take a flexible approach as we know everyone’s circumstances are different, particularly in these difficult times.
Whether you need to sign a Contract of Sale, Lease or another document we can assist by:
- Being available to discuss your matter and provide advice remotely whether by phone, email or video conference call.
- Emailing documents to you which can be printed, signed and returned.
- Arranging for documents that do not need a witness to be sent to you to be signed electronically using a secure online signing platform.
- If electronic or remote options are not possible arranging for you to attend our office by appointment to sign the hard copy document. Our office is open by appointment and we comply with social distancing regulations and have hand sanitiser available if required.
Benefits of e-conveyancing:
We have been committed to e-conveyancing since its inception using PEXA (Property Exchange Australia) Australia’s largest only property exchange network as we know the benefits it provides for our clients. This includes streamlining simultaneous settlements. In the past, these types of transactions have been logistically difficult with various parties involved in various locations. E-conveyancing allows the automation of this process, with linked transactions occurring instantly on satisfaction of the conditions we set for settlement.
Verification of Identity (VOI):
All clients who sign a land transaction document must by Land Use Victoria rules have their identity verified. This formal VOI requirement has been in place for several years to minimise fraudulent dealings with land which can occur through identity theft.
VOI requires clients to produce original identity documents. We can let you know the documents required to meet the mandated identity standard in your circumstances, but generally a combination of a full birth certificate or passport and a driver’s licence and Medicare card fulfill the requirements.
Completing your VOI with Robertson Hyetts is simple and we are ready to assist by arranging for you to:
- Attend our office by appointment only with your original identity documents.
- Complete the requirements over the web using a secure service that can be accessed from your smart phone. A secure link can be accessed using your smart phone you can upload photos of your identity documents. Once completed a report is sent to us which can only be accessed using a unique code. This removes the need for a face-to-face meeting whilst social distancing measures are enforced.
- Attend an Australia Post outlet with our unique VOI form if you can’t visit our office or complete the web VOI.
For assistance with your conveyancing, leasing, land development and other property needs, phone Robertson Hyetts in Castlemaine on 5472 1588 or Bendigo on 5434 6666 or email email@example.com.