John is a Special Counsel, Property & Commercial Law, with Robertson Hyetts, working with clients on their property, commercial and business law needs.
John is the Castlemaine Office Leader and resides in the town. Having grown up and started his legal career in country South Australia, he understands the legal issues that arise in regional areas.
In and around the Castlemaine district, John enjoys bringing his 40 years of property, commercial and business law experience to local individuals and businesses.
Principal areas of practice
- Buying, and selling commercial and residential properties
- Establishing, buying and selling businesses
- Leasing retail and commercial properties
- Advising on the establishment, sale and purchase of businesses
- Other property dealings, including, developing and subdividing residential and commercial land
John was admitted to practice and has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Laws
He is admitted to practice in South Australia, Victoria, England & Wales and The Republic of Ireland.
When he’s not in the office, he enjoys being involved in the community through his interests in sport, walking, food, music and the arts. This involvement has also included being an active participant in various business and sporting organisations which over recent years has been as a committee member of Hong Kong Australia Business Association, Victorian Chapter from 2013 to 2018 and as a committee member of Old Melburnians Football Club from 2016 and its Vice-President since 2017.